The United World College, known as Collegio del Mondo Unito dell’Adriatico, located in Italy in the town of Duino, near Trieste (north-east of Italy) offers 2 scholarships to foreign students who entered Italy as unaccompanied foreign minors and are regular residents in Italy.
The scholarship allows the winning students to go to school for the next two years (2021-2023) at Duino UWC.
The scholarship includes fees, food, and accommodation.
The application must be sent no later than June 28th, 2021.
What are the United World Colleges
The United World Colleges (UWC) are international schools located in different countries around the world.
These schools have an educational program that is based on the study of school subjects (like history, geography, mathematics, etc.), but also social and environmental subjects. In fact, UWC colleges have the objective of educating students in conscious action and promoting a multi-ethnic and multicultural society. The classes are made up of students from different countries and different nationalities.
The Colleges offer the opportunity for admitted students to attend the last 2 years of secondary school (scuola superiore). In the end, students obtain the Baccellierato Internazionale (International Baccalaureate), which is a diploma that has the same value as the Italian maturità. This diploma is recognized by all universities, in Italy and abroad.
Who can participate
Foreign students who arrived in Italy as unaccompanied foreign minors can participate if:
- they reside regularly in Italy;
- attend the third or fourth year of higher education, scuola superiore, or they have at least 10-year of school attendance (also completed in other countries);
- they are between 16 and 19 years of age
How to apply
To apply, the candidate must send the following documents:
- Application for participation
The application can be written in Italian, French, or English. It must be signed by the guardian or by the person exercising parental authority over the minor;
- Photocopies of the identity documents of the candidate and the guardian/person exercising authority;
- Copy of the permesso di soggiorno or the richiesta del permesso di soggiorno;
- Copy of the report card (pagella) for the school year 2019-2020 or documentation proving that the student has at least 10 years of school attendance;
- Passport or travel document of the candidate;
- Report from a teacher, or tutor, describing the characteristics of the candidate;
- 1-minute presentation video.
The application must be sent by e-mail to the address: email@example.com by June 28th, 2021.
The selection process
The students who apply must participate in a selection to be admitted to the school.
The selection is made with:
- General knowledge and mathematics tests
- An interview
- Group activity
These tests are used to understand if the student is really interested in studying in a school and living with people who come from different countries, and keen to learn new things.
The results will be announced by July 3rd, 2021. The school will start in August 2021.
If you need information, you can contact the school directly: