The Super Green Pass or Green Pass rafforzato is only issued to people who have been vaccinated and people who have had Covid-19 and have recovered.
If you already have a Green Pass because you have had Covid 19 or have been vaccinated, your certification is already valid as a Super Green Pass. You don’t have to request anything.
If, on the other hand, you have just had the vaccine or are about to do so and want to download the Super Green Pass, remember that this certification is free and can be requested online or in person and the document can be in digital format (you can download it on your phone) or in paper format.
You can request the document online, following one of the 3 ways below:
- On the Certificazione Verde Covid website. You need to access using the SPID, tessera sanitaria, or identity document
- Downloading the apps: Immuni or IO
- Going to your Fascicolo sanitario elettronico. Choose your region and access using the spid, tessera sanitaria or identity document
You will also need a code that could have different names depending on where you receive it:
- Codice AUTHCODE: it is the name of the code that is given to you when you get the vaccine (one dose or two doses)
- Codice NUGC: it is the name of the code that is given to you by the doctor when you have recovered from Covid
If you prefer to ask in person, then you can go to your doctor, or medico di base, pediatrician or pharmacy. In these cases they will give you a paper copy of your Super Green Pass to take with you. You don’t pay anything at the pharmacy or doctor.
I am not registered with the Sistema Sanitario Nazionale, how can I get the Super Green Pass?
If you are not registered with the Italian national health system, called Sistema Sanitario Nazionale (SSN), but have been vaccinated in Italy, you can still download the Pass following these instructions.
Go to the Certificazione Verde Covid website and click “tessera sanitaria” in the blue box on the right side of the screen.
On this page, choose between these 2 options:
- “utente senza tessera sanitaria o vaccinato all’estero” if you have had the swab (tampone) or vaccine in another country. Enter the AUTHCODE code you received via SMS or email; OR
- “utente non iscritto al SSN vaccinato in Italia” if you received the vaccine in Italy. Enter all the codice STP or ENI (letters and numbers, without spaces).
Do not choose “utente provvisto di tessera sanitaria” because this option is for people who have the tessera sanitaria.
To finish, click “Recupera certificazione”.
I was vaccinated abroad. Can I download the Super Green Pass?
The Super Green Pass can be requested by people who have received vaccines approved by the Italian Ministry of Health and the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
In addition to the vaccines used in Italy (Comirnaty by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Vaxzevria by AstraZeneca, and Janssen by Johnson & Johnson), the Italian government allows the Super Green Pass even with some vaccines received abroad. The vaccines recognized to date are:
- Covishield (Serum Institute of India)
- R-CoVI (R-Pharm)
- Covid-19 vaccine-recombinant (Fiocruz)
To apply for the Super Green Pass it is necessary to have the vaccination certificate in paper or digital format in Italian, English, French, Spanish and/or German.
The certificate must also show all important information of the person (name, surname, date of birth), of the vaccine (name and batch), vaccination date, and complete information of the vaccination center.
I can’t find the code to download the Super Green Pass
If you have lost your code or you have never received it, you can request it again. This way you can easily download your Super Green Pass online.
Remember that you will need Tessera Sanitaria (Health Card) to request the code.
How long is valid the Super Green Pass?
The Super Green Pass is usually valid for 9 months, but from 1 February 2022 the validity of the Green Pass is only 6 months.