Starting from Monday January 10, 2022, there are new rules in Italy to help deal with the Covid emergency. The number of people who are getting sick is in fact high again, also due to the new Omicron variant which is very contagious. To keep the situation under control, the Government has decided to introduce these new rules:
- The Super Green Pass is mandatory for many activities;
- Everyone must wear masks, even outdoors (and not just indoors as before);
- Until January 31, 2022, parties and concerts are prohibited, even outdoors, and clubs are closed.
What is the Super Green Pass and what is it for?
The Super Green Pass or Green Pass rafforzato is a document that is issued only to those who have had the vaccine or who have become ill with Covid 19 and have recovered.
From January 10, 2022, it is very important to have this document. The Super Green Pass will in fact be mandatory for the following activities:
- Use local or regional public transport (buses, metro and trains);
- Sleeping in hotels and accommodation facilities;
- Participate in civil or religious ceremonies;
- Entering bars and restaurants, even outdoors:
- Go to the cinema, theater, fairs or convention centers;
- Use ski lifts in mountain areas where you can ski
- Go to the swimming pool, wellness centers and do team sports activities even outdoors
- Enter cultural centers, social and recreational centers, including for outdoor activities.
Do I need the Super Green Pass to go to work?
If you are a worker and are over 50, you must have the Super Green Pass to be able to work starting February 15, 2022.
The government has in fact decided that all people over 50 in Italy must be vaccinated.
On the other hand, if you are under 50, you must have a negative tampone (swab) to go to work. Remember that the tampone molecolare is valid for 48 hours (2 days), while the tampone rapido is valid for 24 hours (1 day).
What is the difference between Super Green pass or Green Pass?
The Green Pass (base) is a certification that is issued only to people who have taken a Covid-19 tampone (swab) or test molecolare (molecular test) and are negative. Remember that the duration of the Green Pass base is 48 hours if you have a negative tampone molecolare and 24 hours for the tampone antigenico negativo.
Starting from January 20, 2022 the basic Green pass will be used for the following activities:
- entering the bank
- at the post office
- at the hairdresser or beautician
- enter all shops that do not sell basic necessities, that is, all shops except the supermarket, butcher or bakery.
Remember that if you do not have the valid certification and you do not respect the rules set by the government you risk paying fines.